Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dayton - Day Thirty-One

It was an eventful morning! We decided to go to the National Museum of the US Air Force! It was HUGE. Neither of us could believe that it was all part of the museum. We walked through the outside memorial first and enjoyed looking through the plaques and finding some from our home area. Then we made our way into the museum and were happy to learn that it was free!

We got started in the first of three airplane hangars that make up the museum and were instantly aware of the sheer amount of information to be had. It was so big and there was so much to read. We decided to join up with a free tour which gave us the condensed version of the first hangar. We only made it through that first hangar before we were both tired.

I'm hoping to make it back there on my own and keep working on that museum! I could spend many hours in one hangar alone I am sure. The only problem with being there was the constantly increasing pain in my back and hip. It was frustrating to feel so uncomfortable! I have been working on my PT exercises but all that walking around was just too much.

Then we went straight to finding lunch somewhere. We eventually decided to go to Steak N' Shake! It was one busy place! We did manage to go as wheat free as possible and were please about that! The food was alright, but I've had better.

We came back home and as usual, I went to check the mail. What I didn't expect to get was a wonderful conversation with one of the staff here. She told me about the gruesome car accident she was in and how in all aspects she should be dead right now. It was truly a testimony of God's grace over her life. And not only is she alive, but she can walk and work and lead a normal life! I'm not sure how sincerely she said it, but she said she's thanks God for it everyday and agreed with me that it was a miracle. I was astounded to see God's provision.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty relaxed since I was still in some pain. We enjoyed watching tennis and I greatly enjoyed my nap. MMM and I made supper together and it was quite tasty. And the rest of the evening will be spent reading and watching tennis. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment