Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dayton - Day Forty-Eight

Today is my last full day with my sister's family! It has been a great day. I just had a great time playing with my oldest niece. She helped me do lots of laundry and cleaning up! She had a frustrating time when it came for her to eat lunch, and I was really proud of how I handled it. I made sure she stayed put until she finished her food, and she got her desert as a reward for being such a big girl.

My sister got home from work and I could tell she was pretty tired. Since the baby was sleeping, I took the oldest out for a walk to give my sister the chance to take a nap. The walk was really fun because I really worked hard to get her engaged and loved hearing all the little things she notices.

It was such a great day. My sister made pork chops and brussel sprouts (I'd never had them before, and they were tasty!). Supper was so nice because we all sat outside, including the baby. It was just fun! I got to watch the eldest do her bedtime routine and it was so adorable. She has a hard time brushing her teeth so her parents introduced the idea of singing while brushing so she'd keep her mouth open. It was SO cute..

The evening concluded with watching the final two episodes of Downton Abbey with my sister. Wowza, it was awesome! It was great to spend the time with my sister before I have to leave. Now, it's really time to get to bed 'cuz I gotta get up early!

No comments:

Post a Comment