Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dayton - Day Fifty

I can't believe we've already been here for 50 days! Today was a busy day. I got up with MMM to take him to work. I came home and just worked on stuff at home. It's amazing how much there is to do at home when you've been gone for a week!

The first appointment for the day was going to PT! This one was a bit more frustrating because I feel like my week away pushed me farther back on the recovery scale. So, unfortunately, this appointment was more difficult and had less encouraging results.

After PT I went shopping! I knew I wanted to have my hair curly for the ball tomorrow night, so I decided to  buy a curling iron! I had looked into getting it down professionally, but it was way too expensive for me to justify that. So instead, I bought an iron for 10 bucks that I'll probably be able to use for years to come! I also found a hair dye on sale! After our wedding I dyed my hair red! It has been growing out and I decided today to go back to brown, and I'm happy.

Then I went grocery shopping on base! I love going on base still. I had fun going down most aisles and finding good deals and thinking up meals! It was fantastic to know I am filling my house with healthy food, and I'm so glad to be back to not eating wheat. It makes such a big difference for me.

I got back to our hotel and was able to pick some of their gorgeous flowers to put in our room! It makes a big difference even have 4 little flowers on our shelf. It makes the room so much more alive. Yay!

On my way upstairs I met another military wife staying in our building! I am so excited to have met her. It's great to have someone who has more experience in the military than I do. We chatted for about 45 minutes and they might be coming to church with us!

The night was very relaxed and the biggest thing was that MMM made tacos while I chatted with my mom! I'm excited that she's going to try and come visit us in Dayton!

Well, it's the night before my birthday, and I am so happy with how much has happened in this last year and I know that I have grown by leaps and bounds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment