Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dayton - Day Sixty

It was an early morning for us after getting to bed so late last night. I got to worship practice just a couple minutes late and so got the day off to a rushed start. The practice went pretty well, but my voice was a little strained. I got to practice on the piano a bit before Sunday school, which was nice. Then we had Sunday school, which was excellent! I was surprised to have one of the leaders ask me to play the piano while people were sitting down. I was positively shaking! I tried my best, and made LOADS of flubs. I just had to realize that I don't need to be perfect, I just needed to keep going.

Immediately, I went from the piano to the microphone to sing. I was still shaking very badly, but singing definitely helped. The service went very well. Afterwards, I really enjoyed chatting with several people and found out there's another Bible study during the week! I am very excited for it..

After church we ate Thai as always. Then MMM went to play golf with some of his co-workers. That took a few hours, and I just stayed home and rested. Then we chatted with my sister for quite a while about the new business she is doing. Then we went to another game night play Pandemic! It was so much fun! I was only sad it couldn't have lasted longer.

The evening finished off with a nice chat with an old friend who will be visiting us here in Dayton, and then finally, a great discussion with my hubbie. It has been a good day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment