Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dayton - Day Fifty-Three

We woke up this morning and could see that it was quite a bit colder. I actually really enjoy the changing of seasons for the most part. I get to use a whole different wardrobe!

We got to church in time for choir practice. I just love being in the choir...it makes me so happy! And I couldn't be happy with the song we sang! It is similar in style to Carol of the Bells, which is...basically..awesome! I definitely want my sisters to learn this song too.

Sunday school was next. I love going to this class. It is so much fun to be looking into the Bible as a group and to get some many different opinions about the passage! The only thing that was different today was that I felt like I did have a lot of good thoughts to put out there, but never had the opportunity. It made me sad, and that made me wonder if maybe I should try not to speak out so much..maybe I'm too proud and didn't realize it.

Church was really good. They had a missionary speak and I really appreciated what he had to say. All in all, this church has been such a blessing to us and I feel like I've really learned a lot.

After church we went to eat our customary lunch at the thai place and as always, it was delicious. We have always eaten outside, and today was no different. The only difference this time was that I was wearing my winter coat! :P It was chilly, but it worked out just fine.

We just hung out at home for a little bit. Then we got a phone call we had previously set up with good friends of mine. We got to chat with some of my best friends in Germany who are missionaries there. We talked for about an hour and I enjoyed it so much! It was the first time they got to meet MMM too, so that was fantastic! It was great to hear about their world over there and to see what God is doing through them. Man, I love you guys! You make me smile a lot.

MMM and I took a long walk and it was so nice to get out! It was fun just to have the time to chat together. I really enjoyed getting to discuss some hard decisions for me. And it was truly a beautiful fall day with just a tinge of winter.

For some reason, I've barely been able to keep my eyes open lately and so lo and behold, I took a nap. It was a deep nap too. I had a really hard time waking up at MMM's insistence. But I did wake up and continued reading my book. It is a fantastic series! The Circle Series by Ted Dekker. I'm on the third book now, and it's great!

The night finished off with watching National Treasure with my hubbie. And that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment