Friday, September 21, 2012

Dayton - Day Fifty-One

It's my birthday! :D I have always loved my birthday and this year is no exception. When MMM left for work, he surrounded me with all the pillows and that helped me sleep a lot longer! I was surprised at how comforting it was!

I enjoyed sleeping in! When I got up and got ready for the day I made a trip to the store for some last minute supplies for our ball! I needed to sew on a button on MMM's formal suit! The day went very quickly, with my only task being to get ready for tonight! I enjoyed doing my hair while chatted with my sister! I also really enjoyed getting tons of birthday wishes. Thanks guys!!

I really was excited for my hubbie to come home. He got to see my new dress for the first time and I'm happy to say it worked well for both of us! We had some time before leaving so it was nice to relax and watch some tv. And I got to enjoy my first birthday treat of Haribo gummy bears! Woot! We met up with some of his classmates before hand so we could go together. I really enjoy hanging out with the guys and girls from his work. It's a lot of fun!

We went to the grand Air Force ball which was held in the Air Force museum! I loved being surrounded by so many military personnel. We all had a great time, and I did learn quite a bit of history, which was cool. One of the coolest things was getting a picture taken with Colonel Bud Day! It was so cool! I'm hoping to get a copy of the picture, and if I do, I'll make sure to post it. The beginning of it too long for my liking 'cuz I was starving!

The food (when we were finally able to eat) was delicious! We had a salad with lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, and parmesan! I was a little worried about it and in fact, it was fantastic! I didn't even want dressing on it. Then came the steak, stuffed chicken, and veggies. Man, was it great! The steak was more rare than I normally like, but it was amazing! I was very pleased with all the food!

They had an AF band play some songs and had some dancers up on stage. I was kinda disappointed in the dancers to be honest...They didn't make it nearly as exciting as they could have! The best was the two songs that MMM and I danced to. I've got to have my birthday dance! It was so much fun, and I was even wearing high heels! I haven't done that in a long time. My feet were un-happy, but that is just fine with me. They'll be fine tomorrow.

After the event was over, we hung out at the museum for a little while because it was downpouring! There was even a short tornado warning! We finally left and chose a good time to do it too! It wasn't raining too hard until 30 seconds before getting to the car! And then the road home was horrific! The rain was truly incredible! Thankfully, as soon as we got home it turned into a light sprinkle! =D

Now we are both tired, so it's a night for both of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment