Friday, August 24, 2012

Dayton - Day Twenty-Three

Wow, what a day! We are both pooped! Today while I was at home, I went swimming again, even though I was already super sore, and got ready for our trip to pick up my car! The real adventure began when we got on the road to Milwaukee. We enjoyed snacking on fruit and yummy rice snacks and listening to the radio for a good while..and then..

It was my turn to drive for a while. I was nervous again. I felt all tense in my neck and upper back. The sun was coming down right in my line of vision and the road was very busy. The biggest thing that happened was when I had to run over a blown out tire, since I had no room to avoid it. That definitely got me more freaked out than before. It wasn't too long after that that MMM agreed to drive again.

It was good timing because we were just outside of Chicago and the traffic was getting nuts. I was a nervous wreck even though I was just sitting in the passenger seat. I was the official navigator with all the directions I wrote down earlier in the day. I was so worried that I had gotten something wrong and get us really messed up!

We managed our way through Chicago with some very stressful moments (on my side at least) and got into  the suburbs without too many issues. Getting on to the base we're staying out was a trial to say the least. We got lost inside the base a few times which was very frustrating. We did make it finally and are going to enjoy sleeping tonight before finishing our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment