We started on the road last Saturday morning at about 5:30am, and after visiting a few people, we made it to Dayton yesterday around 5:30pm! We had a great time visiting with M's family for a few days. I got to play tennis and ping pong with M and his brother which was really fun. And I managed to break my rollerblades! :P
Once we made our way to Milwaukee I happened to be driving. It was rush hour and stop and go traffic. It is unfortunate, but I did end up getting us into a small accident. I was very upset about it all, but was given a new perspective when we found out that a police officer had just passed away a few hours before in an accident close to where we were. In the grand scheme of things, we were very lucky. My car is currently still in Milwaukee waiting to be fixed, but as we had to get to Dayton, we ended up getting a rental car! All of this is a new experience for both M and me.
We had a long drive from Milwaukee, and I am so proud of M for driving the whole way. I was still feeling pretty nervous to drive. We got to our hotel safely and started getting settled in. It is definitely not as nice as our old apartment, but it will definitely work just fine. We rearranged the furniture a bit, put out some photos, and put away the food we bought from just across the street!
This morning was the first day of M's training, so we had the adventure of finding the right place and then I had to drive back by myself! I was pretty nervous, but I made it just fine, and thankfully, it was pretty close to our hotel. So the plan for today while I'm here by myself is to finish unpacking all our stuff and start making this our temporary home. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment