It was an early morning for MMM, so I was grateful that he brought the new bike up to our room before he left with the car. I plotted my biking route and set out around 9. After just a few minutes the chain fell off and when I put it back on I must have tweaked it just a bit because the rest of my ride was full of an annoying noise. Anyway, the ride was interesting since I was dealing with a different bike with different mechanics. I also quickly saw how out of shape I got in just the short few weeks since we left home. By the end of the ride I was definitely feeling it in my legs, but much worse in my head. I was hoping that biking wouldn't be too rough on my back, but apparently I wasn't so lucky.
I took the afternoon easy after that and enjoyed a long chat with an old friend! I was excited to have MMM home a bit earlier than usual. We hung out for a while before heading to supper with his classmates! I really enjoyed getting to meet most of his classmates and just have the opportunity to get to know them a bit. I hadn't considered it before, but very few of them knew the first names of each person! I quickly remedied that for those around me. :P The military conversation was enough to have me completely lost, but I did learn a few things. I am so glad we had that time last night, and I'm looking forward to getting to know them all better!
No comments:
Post a Comment