I'm going to keep this short because I already took melatonin and expect to be asleep very shortly. :P I brought MMM to work today so I could have the car. After coming home, I looked up a bunch of recipes and decided what I'd be making this week! The difficult thing about only being in Dayton for three months is knowing I wouldn't be able to get through some grocery items (like soy sauce), so therefore I won't buy it. We don't need anything extra to bring back with us. :P It does put some limits on what we can do though.
I drove to base and went to the awesome grocery store with my big list! I could tell right away during my shopping that something extra was going on with my neck and I just tried to get through it and not pay too much attention to it. I got all my groceries for under $40, which is a miracle.
Once back at home, I had a nice talk with my pastor from home. I called the church here and asked if I could play the piano today! They said yes, so I got on the road to the church. It was my first time driving there and it went splendidly.
Playing the piano was so great! It's been such a long time since I've played. I missed it. I probably played for a good hour and then my voice was giving out so I decided to give it time to rest. I brought my tennis supplies with me because there are courts right by the church and they actual have a practice wall! I hit the ball for maybe 20 minutes (with little success I might add) until I knew I shouldn't do any more.
I came home and could tell immediately that my neck was worse, so I just relaxed and watched a movie while icing it. I ended up taking a nap and woke up feeling even worse! I picked up MMM and we went to dinner on base and it was a chore to get through supper. As soon as we got home I went to lay down again and haven't done much else all evening. I am probably in the worst pain since the accident and would really appreciate your prayers that I'll actually be able to sleep tonight. Tomorrow is finally my doctor appointment so hopefully I'll start to be on the mend soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment