Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dayton - Day Twenty-Seven

I drove MMM to work today so I could go grocery shopping. Once I got home I just hung out for a little while until the tire store next door opened. Once they were open, I brought my bike over to see if they might help me with my tire even though they usually just work on cars! They agreed, and so they tried to fill my bike but it wasn't sitting right. It ending up popping the tube! They felt bad and said if I got a new tube they'd fix it up for me. So I ran back home to grab money and the car keys before heading over to the store.

Once I got to the store I tried to find the right dimensions and really struggled since the numbers I were given weren't copied exactly on the tube packaging. Yikes! I asked a gentleman to help me and he was confused as well! I decided on two different sizes just to be sure.

So I made my way back to the tire shop where they fixed up my bike for me. It was rather funny to be walking past all the cars in the shop and to see my little bike upside down being worked on. I was happy to get it back. My first objective was to go bring the extra tube back.

I finally got to go on my planned bike ride and it felt so good. It was amazing the difference it made to have that tire how it's supposed to be. I wanted to go much farther than I was able to, but hopefully soon I can.

I got ready for my day after that and made my way to the grocery store on base. It was astounding to me how busy it was. It was like the sky was falling and everyone was stock-piling. I really couldn't believe it. I managed to get everything I needed without running into anyone else!

I got all our laundry done while I was home today. It was another short day for MMM so I picked him up and brought him to the golf course where he showed me how to putt! I left him there to play with his classmates while I came back home to keep cleaning up and make supper. MMM was gone for a surprising 4 hours which caught us both off-guard, but that's okay, at least he had fun! :)

Supper was a deliciously healthy tacos which we heartily enjoyed.  Now the rest of the evening will be spent watching tennis and hopefully sleeping better than last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment