It has been a fabulous day! I woke up pretty early...just in time to see MMM steal all my covers. I stole them back. =P After just resting in bed and praying while trying to fall back asleep, I realized it was hopeless and decided to get ready for the day. I was happy to be getting breakfast ready while my hubbie was waking up. Can't feel more like an awesome wife than when you have breakfast *almost* ready for them when they wake up! :P
We headed to church early this week as I was allowed to sing on their worship team! I was pretty surprised that they let me since I'd only attended one service, but was thrilled that they did. It was a little intimidating to be singing with strangers and not know exactly what part I should be singing. We practiced for quite a while!
After practice we went to Sunday school with two of the ladies from the team. It was interesting and made me think about things in a way I hadn't thought before. Sadly, I was starting to feel the effects of getting less sleep than usual, so I had a slightly hard time concentrating.
The service went very well! I was nervous to be sure, but made it through. I was having a lot of pain in my hip which was making it very uncomfortable to be standing for so long, so I was very relieved when we were allowed to sit down. The service was all about healing and how it needs to continue being part of our church today. Believe me or not, I had healing on the back on my mind even before church this morning, so I wasn't too surprised to see an emphasis on that!
After the service, the pastor prayed over me for healing and anointed me with oil. I hadn't had that before, so it was an interesting experience and I'm so glad I did it. MMM and I were both very encouraged by church this morning. Even though I still have pain, I know that God is capable of healing me, and that is a comfort all on its own.
We went back to the Thai place that we visited last week and it was still just as yummy! And then we came home and I took a 3 hour nap! I knew I was pretty tired. =P After that fantastic nap, I got to enjoy some more tennis while making supper. MMM and I watched "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" since I hadn't seen it before. It definitely was a very interesting movie! I did like it, though it would have been improved with less crudeness and language. A very unique plot indeed!
After the movie, I just helped MMM study for a while, and really enjoyed an in-depth discussion of things we'd learned at church. It's so great knowing that I love talking with my husband, and I get to keep having these talks with him for the rest of my life! How wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment