Alright, so there always seems to be something interesting going on in my life. This week is no different. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
I had a fabulous weekend including staying with my sister for two nights! That was a blessing to be sure. And I was even able to hang out with a couple from church on Sunday!
Here comes the interesting part.. :P So, I managed to awkwardly hit my head on a wall. Yes, quite awkwardly. It's really difficult to explain. This was initially quite painful, but then decreased to a headache.
Work on Monday was pretty good, a bit stressful but not too bad. Monday actually was pretty nice and there were definite high points. The hard part about Monday was when I went to Salsa..it was then that I realized that I simply did not feel well enough to dance. So that was kinda a bummer.
Tuesday was exciting! Laura has started her own language company where she has teachers go into a school for extra curricular language classes, mostly introductory. So, I am working with her as an introductory German teacher and Tuesday was the first day! I was working with kindergarten kids, and they were awesome! It ended being a lot of fun. :) Then I was especially blessed with a bunch of clothes from a friend! Yay! Dancing on Tuesday again didn't go very well. I just didn't feel the best and so then it wasn't as fun as usual.
Wednesday at work was a bit rough. I felt the worst that I had since hitting my head on Monday. And with some very appreciated medical advice, it was determined that I probably had a mild concussion. Jolly stuff indeed. =) I ended up deciding to take a break from dancing. A wonderful thing from yesterday was eating supper with some friends from church! That was a huge blessing to me.
And today was excellent! We had our second language class today, and it went soo well! I really enjoyed it today, even more than Tuesday. Then after teaching, the three of us introductory teachers went out to have German conversation hour! It was so nice to speak German again. I realized both how much I've forgotten, and how much I remember. It was a great time. And tonight I led a small group for the very first time! I was pretty nervous, but it went well! :) I'm excited for next week!
So here's what I've taken out of this week...I can use this break from dancing for good. I can use it to focus more on my school, more on work, and most importantly, more on God. I think my body needed a break as well. While I have missed dancing, and will miss it for the rest of the week, I know that it'll be alright. :) There are more important things than dancing.
I didn't use my normal format this week, but you can know that I am incredibly thankful for my week, and for things not being any worse with my head. There could be so many worse things. I truly have been richly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment