Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A month of Thanksgiving - The 9th

Today I am thankful for dancing. Before I moved up here, I had it in my mind that I wouldn't go dancing just because my sister did. I had the idea that I didn't want to dance because I wanted to have my own life. Well, as soon as I started learning how to dance, I just couldn't help going! But, I have had my setbacks. All during the summer, I was dealing with major dizziness, and that really took a toll on any dancing I was able to do. I finally got that taken care of (I'm really thankful for my chiropractor, btw), and I was finally able to learn how to do moves with lots of spins! Oh, so much fun! But then last week I had a mild concussion, which again, disrupted my dancing schedule quite a bit. I have learned two things through this experience.

1. Slowing down and focusing on other things can be very good, and even something I should continue to do.
2. Dancing is more fun after an absence, because you appreciate it so much more!

What I'm really excited about is that I will be helping a friend teach a salsa dance lesson at his college class, and then immediately afterward, we'll go to perform both salsa and swing! How exciting is that? I've only been dancing for five months, and I am already performing and teaching. It's really quite surprising to me, and I'm not sure that I deserve it, but I'm going to enjoy it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment