Thursday, November 18, 2010

A month of Thanksgiving - The 17th

It's amazing to me that it's already the 17th (technically the 18th now :P)! This month is just going by so fast. I think I can honestly say that having this daily thankful post has majorly contributed to my happier than normal status as of late. It's hard to be in a bad mood when you have so many things to be thankful for.

The thing that stood out the most to me was having a new friend come over. She actually came over to watch Psych with me...and that's how it started. It didn't take very long before we weren't paying any attention to the tv and rather, were just talking like crazy! I can't help but smile when I think about our conversation. We did stick to a few major topics, but it still varied quite a bit. The crazy thing about this is that we really didn't talk at all before last Sunday! Somehow or other, last Sunday, we totally hit it off. And since then I have been able to hang out with her on 6 different days! Yay!

Now, this is something that I haven't really told anyone, and I wouldn't necessarily feel comfortable saying it out loud; but having friends has not been an easy feat for me. For many years I haven't had a good friend that lived anywhere near me. Many times I felt like the friends I did have didn't like me as much as their local friends. I really had a low self esteem when it came to friendships.

I have told you before how I was able to throw off the bonds of rejection and how that has already affected my life in many ways. Well, I would have to say that friendship is the biggest change in me. Almost immediately after this change occurred in me, I was contacted by an old friend and had the chance to catch up. This is really significant, because for years I felt like I needed her to be worth anything...and I just couldn't have her as a good friend. It just didn't happen, and that was hard for me to handle. But then, once God was able to get it into my head that I don't 'need' her as my friend, that was when I was finally able to have her again. And since that time, I've had some friends over, and it was fun...and I've done things with other friends, and it's been so encouraging.

Wow, I just feel so different from...a month ago or so. God has been so good to me. So yes, tonight I am incredibly thankful for friendships. Friendship that have been rekindled and friendship that are just starting to blossom. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment