Sunday, November 14, 2010

A month of Thanksgiving - The 14th

Today I am thankful for Music!

I had the opportunity to attend a symphony concert this afternoon with my sister and my roommate, and it was lovely. I can't remember the last time I had a chance to see such talented musicians in action. It is times like this that make me want to pursue music more intensely...to learn to play the violin that I own. I have always wanted to learn to play the violin, but never really took the initiative to actually do it. While in Germany, my host family found a beginners violin and gave it to me as a birthday gift. So now, I have one of the most expensive pieces required to learning violin, and why haven't I done it yet? I don't know. That being said, it is my goal, for the next semester, to begin learning violin on my own. I have the perfect space to practice in my apartment complex. I place with good acoustics, but far enough from the main buildings that hopefully I'll never be heard. Well, at least until I get past the screechy stage. =) It is my goal, with any musical instrument I play, to be inspiring and encouraging to other musicians, and to use the talent that God has given me for His glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment