Today was an incredible day! I was pretty nervous about it before hand, but it ended up going so smoothly, and it was so much fun!! I had my first paying gig for swing and salsa dancing, and it went really well! I was pretty nervous about that a few days ago. I hadn't had much time to practice swing, and when I did, it didn't go well. :P But, all in all, it was an excellent experience, and I would love to do it again!!
Another thing I did today was help teach a salsa class for a school presentation with one of my main salsa leads. It was fun, and again, a good experience!
I was forced into being a grown-up and drive myself all these different places, and honestly, that was pretty stressful....but God was good to me, and traffic wasn't too bad. :)
At my church we are beginning to work out our Christmas program, so I had a music rehearsal with that, and it turns out that I will be playing at least some piano for the program, and I'm a bit nervous...but I think it'll be fine.
Today was just full of dancing, and I still haven't told you about the Avalon! Every Tuesday there is swing dancing at the Avalon, and it is so much fun! I felt more confident and comfortable tonight than I have in a long time. It was nice to be back. An excellent way to spend an evening, if I do say myself.
And then just to top it off, I was able to enjoy the fresh air and get some needed advice at the same time! Brilliant! :D
So, to put it all together...I'm thankful for how far this day has exceeded my every expectation.
No comments:
Post a Comment