Monday, November 22, 2010

A month of Thanksgiving - The 22nd

I woke up this morning and noticed that the light coming in through my blinds seemed a bit brighter. This has always been a tell-tale sign for me that it has snowed over night. What I did not know what that it was continuing to snow! It snowed a lot today..at least 7 inches, but I want to say it was more. It's amazing how snow completely transforms a city. It did snow here a few weeks ago...but not like this. This was madness! I was quite concerned that my car wouldn't start, but thankfully it did, and I did manage to get to work without major mishaps. Happily for me, I didn't have to do any shoveling out front..but I'll have to do that on Wednesday for sure. Getting home was an adventure! The snow plows cleaned the street after I parked at work, and this means that there is a huge pile of snow the whole length of the left side of my car. I was really concerned that I wouldn't get out. I almost did get stuck, and I burned rubber...but I got out! :D And I had to drive to and from church tonight too..and my car's quirks were acting up again. But I'm safe and sound, back at home in my room. I'm thankful for safety in traveling around town today, and I pray for safety traveling hope on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment