Friday, November 26, 2010

A month of Thanksgiving - The 25th

Growing up, I always said it was the same day until I went to bed. For example, if I stayed up on Monday until 1am on Tuesday, I would still count it as Monday. So, that is why this post is still counted for the 25th..I simply haven't gone to bed yet!

Today has been amazing! It is technically Thanksgiving day, but because of other commitments, my whole family won't be together until tomorrow, so we'll do our big dinner then. But several awesome things happened today. I was able to talk with Krista a bit, and it had been a while since that happened. That was lovely. Then I was able to talk to another friend from Germany for the first time in a few months, and it was also very fun. I got to play with my niece throughout the day, which was so fun. I went shopping with my sister and bought a crock pot. =D But the best thing was having my 'brother' come home. He's not technically my brother, but definitely the closest I ever got to having a brother. He was just a part of our family throughout high school, and we all loved it. For a variety of reasons, I haven't seen him in two years! So tonight was a long-awaited reunion. It was really great to have him back with the family again. And he'll be here tomorrow all day, and then the whole family will truly be together again, and we'll take more trips down memory lane. I can't wait. =D

What a happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. you are so cute my friend! it was fun chatting! :) stimmt!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun! I am so glad it worked out. :)

    ReplyDelete