Normally I would wait until the end of the day before posting, just in case something incredible happens before the end of the day. Today is different though, because I have something to be thankful for that will take up a whole post on it's own!
Back in June I wrote a post about how I was seeking a church in this new town. Only a few short weeks later in July, I wrote another post about how God was moving in me through a church I was deciding on. Well, now is the time to write a follow up of my decision.
I chose to continue going to Harvest Community Church, and I've never been disappointed. It didn't take very long to learn everyone's name (it's pretty small), and to feel like a part of the group. I've been in this church for six months now, and it feels like home to me. I've never felt so free to be open and honest, and to just be me. I've been able to help lead worship with singing and playing electric bass, and I might be playing the piano this month! I've been able to share what God's been teaching me. I've been able to make new friends to keep.
Just today, I was able to witness how one friend was a blessing and motivator in another friend's life. It was amazing to feel God's presence in our conversation, and to feel blessed merely by connection to the conversation. It is such a blessing to have the accountability that is in my church. It is through the encouragement of my friends at church that I've even begun my own small group during the week. That was a bit scary for me, but I truly feel like God is going to use this study, not only in my life, but in every one who attends. God has been so enormously good to me.
I am so grateful and thankful to God for providing me with a church that will encourage, motivate, and bless me every day.
Honorable Mention!
ReplyDelete~ Craig