Friday, October 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

What a week it has been! Having gone to the chiropractor twice last week has drastically improved my physical state, which in turn improves my entire health! So that is one thing I'm extraordinarily thankful for!

This past weekend was really great, including dancing on Friday and Sunday (amazing!), and then we had Oktoberfest with church on Saturday and we even had a bonfire! Sweetness! :D
Monday was my first time in two weeks being able to salsa. I was a bit off, but it was still a blast. Plus, I was breaking in some new dancing shoes, so that made it a bit harder. I'm already planning on getting a video next Monday to post on Facebook so you all can see how much I've improved, and so I can see it for myself. :P Some happiness from Monday was when one of my main salsa partners asked if I would be willing to dance with him for a college presentation, and then having the two of us be asked to perform with my sister and her boyfriend for a wine tasting event. How fun is that? It is so nice to know that my dancing has improved that much.
Tuesday was quite interesting! The weather was pretty gross up here, and we even lost power in our entire block for about 1 1/2 hours. It ended up being quite fun, but sadly, dancing at the Avalon was canceled. That was a huge disappointment since I wasn't able to go last week.
Yesterday was really great! Work was a bit slower than normal, but adventurous to be sure! We even had an incident with a small child being burnt with hot coffee. That was somewhat scary and stressful, but she ended up being alright. The best part was being able to chat with some regulars, since there wasn't as much to do. And last night we had 'auditions' for the Christmas Radio Show at my church. That was really fun, and a very different experience. I'm really excited for it.
And today was a really good day as well. I was able to get some good school accomplished, and I had some great conversations. I was able to go on a walk with a friend from church and it was really great. And another friend from church invited me over for a spontaneous party! Yay! It was a lot of fun. I love my church family...they're awesome.

One of the biggest things I'm thankful for this week happened on Wednesday. I'll try to explain this, but don't know how well I can. I would say that have always put myself down with very little effort. It didn't take much for that little voice in my head to tear me down to the core, and though I hated this, I was just used to it. Well, after an amazing conversation I had, I truly learned that this little voice in my head was not me! And it also was not God...there's really only one other option.
Well, the power of God is so incredible, truly amazing, and by His extraordinary power and grace, I was able to get rid of that little voice of rejection and I had proof of it's absence yesterday.
I was just talking with my boss at work, and she made a comment about me. We both immediately started laughing and talking about it, and it was a funny moment.
Later on, I was thinking back on it, and literally, tears came to my eyes as I realized that not once did I berate myself for that personality trait she had joked about.
It is something I always have been self-conscious about, and one that I ceaselessly hated about myself. "Normally" I would have taken that comment to heart and let it crush me to the core. I'm really not kidding...it could have possibly ruined my day completely. But for once, I was able to see the comment for what it really was: a joke.
For once as I was able to look at myself and truly be happy. Yes, I have my own personality traits...but that's okay. It's okay to be me..it's ok! Wow, I'm so happy just re-thinking about it. Yay! What an awesome feeling. Yes, that is what I am most thankful for this week. That God has revealed to me how powerful He is, and how He created me as I am for a reason. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment