Friday, November 5, 2010

Customer Blessings

     Work this morning brought something amazing with it. All things were going as normal until a lady walked in and came up to order. She informed me that she is looking to move back to the Windy City and if that happens, she's already planning on becoming a regular! :) Seeing as I had little to do this morning, I felt free to engage in conversation with her, and what a blessing it was. I learned how when she lived here before, she would pass by this corner shop (before it was Josie's Corner) and want to buy it and make it into a coffee shop. On a return visit, she happened by the shop and was surprised to find not only a coffee shop (just like she wanted), but incredibly, she found her name right on the door. Right in my shop was a lady named Josie. While the name Josie is not all that uncommon, it was more than coincidence that hers is the same as my work place.
   Our conversation continued in-between serving different customers and I got to know her a little bit more. I learned how she had gone through a season of many trials, and how God has healed her completely. What an extraordinary testimony she has. We also discussed how I moved here and what an astounding blessing this city has been for me over the past 5 months. The amazing difference in me since moving up here is hard to describe. While we were talking she mentioned that I needed to start a blog! Well, that's taken care of, and now she is making a spotlight appearance.
  I don't feel like I can adequately explain what my time with her meant. Her positivity, enthusiasm, interest, and sweetness are all to be admired. It was truly such a blessing to meet this real-life Josie, and I sincerely hope that she does move back to the area!
  Josie, if you are reading this, thank you for blessing my morning more than you can know. And I hope to see you again very soon. =)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay - I'm visiting from Rebecca's November of Thanksgiving. This is a wonderful story of you meeting Josie.

    I love coffee shops!

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. God gave you such a blessing with Josie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! And what a blessing and encouragement to meet such a sweet lady :)

    ReplyDelete