We awoke to the lovely sound of the smoke detector chirping right above our bed! I woke up to it gradually enough that it even had a guest appearance in my dreams! Luckily, it was just because the battery was low, not because there was an actual fire. It did become quite annoying though. MMM tried to take care of it, but couldn't figure out how it was supposed to come off.
We got ready for church and called the front desk so they could worry about it. Lately it seems that I'm always late. I don't like it! I need to get back to me 'always be early' mentality. So, I was a couple minutes late to choir practice. Oh well. MMM went off to play on the mini before Sunday school started.
Class went well, and I thought it was very interesting. It definitely gave me a new perspective on some things I've gone through, so that was really cool.
Church was good, but a little more difficult since I was sitting in the choir loft for all the worship time, didn't know the songs, and didn't have good access to the words. It all worked out though.
We left pretty much right away and went to eat Thai food, only this time we sat inside. It is just too chilly to sit outside anymore. I was so hungry that I ate my entire meal (for the first time) while watching the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which just so happened to be on tv at the time.
The afternoon was spent working on my novel which is still in the beginning stages. I started writing that probably 4 years ago, but left it alone for a very long time. Now I have about 11 pages (not so much, I know) and am more excited about it than ever before. I feel like I might be able to really work on it, and hope to finish it as well.
MMM went golfing with a work buddy, even though it was chilly. He said that the whole golf course was empty except for them, and he enjoyed that. :D
We went to watch the movie Courageous at church tonight. We hadn't seen it yet, but both really enjoyed it. I liked how it was emotional, dramatic, moving, and truly funny all at the same time. It took some unexpected turns, which I always appreciate, and it wasn't as predictable as the previous movies from this group have been. Over all, I really did enjoy it, and so did MMM! Hooray! We even got to bring a whole bowl of popcorn home to snack on.
It was truly a great night together, and I'm so grateful for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment