Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dayton - Day Sixty-Nine

Today was interesting. We slept in, which was glorious. Unfortunately, we slept past breakfast with the co-workers, but to be fair, we both thought it was for tomorrow, not today. We were got off guard by MMM being called to work a bit early, but it gave me the chance to bake some cookies!
The cookies were a bit complicated. I did some improvising, and then when it came to how long to bake them it got very difficult. Basically, they weren't cooked all the way through unless the edges got burnt. A frustrating scenario to be sure. But all in all, they did taste pretty good.
They took a bit longer than expected, so I ended up being a bit late for the Bible study. The study was good! We're going through Numbers now and it is really interesting. There are a lot of stories I didn't remember. I really enjoyed being around the older women. They have a lot wisdom that I can learn from.
After the study, I practiced piano and my special music in the sanctuary. It was excellent fun! By this point I was starving, so I grabbed some food for both of us and headed on base.
I met up with MMM where he was playing D&D and we both ate. We were there for about 4 more hours. While they were playing I got to chat with a few different people, which was nice!
MMM decided to go to dance once we got home, and I stayed behind 'cuz I have another headache. Oh well. Hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment