It is our last Sunday in Dayton. It is amazing how the time has flown. I woke up feeling a little better and even got most of my exercises accomplished before MMM woke up. But, by the time we headed out for church, I was already feeling kinda groggy and off.
We went to Sunday school and it was good. I think we seriously only covered two verses. There was a lot of good discussion. Right after that we headed to the main service where we met a couple for the first time. They were very nice.
The service went well. I was supposed to sing on the team, but because I've been sick that didn't work out. I chose not to sing in the choir either. For me to not be able to sing makes in very hard to get involved in the worship. Today though, I was sitting behind a friend who does sign language for all the songs just in her pew. I watched her during every song and found I could truly worship with the beauty of the words she was signing. It made me feel a lot better.
Before the sermon began, the Pastor had us stand up and he announced to everyone that it was our last Sunday. He said some very kind things and encouraged others to greet us after the service. One thing you should know about me is that it is incredible easy to get me to cry when I don't feel well. So having our friends smiling at us and applauding made me tear up.
After the service the couple we just met today came back up to say they were sorry we only met today. The husband noticed me looking ill (I can't help it you know) and prayed over me. That made me really cry. So many people wished us well on our new journey and asked us to come back some day. It was sad to leave knowing we might not ever be back there. This church has been such a blessing to us. We are forever grateful.
The rest of the day has gone by without anything too exciting. I just continue to rest and try to figure out what's wrong with me. It could be a long lasting flu type thing, or perhaps an ear infection. I'm really not sure not now, but I can say it isn't fun being sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment