Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dayton - Day Eighty-Four

Today began normally. MMM left for work, and I wished I could sleep longer. :P I did get eventually and got going. At the meal with his classmates last night, I was asked if I could bake something for their informal class gathering tonight, and their formal gathering tomorrow. I agreed as long as they knew I'd be experimenting. They were eager to be my taste testers.

I got all ready to bake when I realized that I didn't have any eggs! And since we're leaving in just a couple days, I definitely didn't want to buy a whole dozen. So, I walked to the store and chatted with Grams. The store didn't have cartons of 6 eggs which was a big surprise. So I decided to take my experimenting one step further and bought "egg beaters".

After getting home, I got started on the baking. The egg beaters seemed to do well enough. My next experiment was how to put marshmellows into the cookies. I tried several different ways. I was never quite satisfied. The cookies definitely weren't awful, but I'm hopeful to improve them some day. So, I made one experimental batch of cookies, then I made a normal batch with my left over chocolate/peanut butter chips, and then on top of that, used all the rest of my marshmellows to make a huge batch of rice krispie bars! I was a baking machine! It was great because I got to use up a lot of my ingredients, which means there's less to pack and bring home! Woot.

After baking and eating lunch, I was pooped. So I laid on the foot of our bed, in the direct line of sunlight, and got to take a cozy nap! It was fantastic. MMM got home shortly after and we had a nice couple of hours together. We just chatted about our trip back home and what all we need to do. Then he grabbed all the goodies for tonight and headed out.

I have spent the night working on all the dishes, watching Netflix, and talking with one of my all time favorite families! It was so great to catch up with them, and I'm so excited to see them again in November. Now on to more web surfing for things to do on our honeymoon/vacation in Arizona! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment