Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fulfilling Friday - Day 4

Today, though long, was really fulfilling. I took the kids swimming, and due to their lack of time to go swimming on a regular basis, both boys didn't know how to float. Even getting the youngest into the 2 foot area of the pool was difficult. He was so nervous that he was going to get hurt, even with me holding onto him the entire time. It took quite a while for him to calm down and trust me enough to try floating. As soon as he floated that first time, his entire day changed, along with his attitude. It wasn't long before he was jumping around and having a blast in the same 2 foot area. His older brother took to the water with much more ease, and got comfortable with floating quite quickly! I also found swimming with these kids more fun than I expected. That is, until I bonked heads with the eldest. That was quite painful, and I still have a headache from that.

That was the main part of our day, but it was topped off with Toy Story 3! I admit it, I did shed a few tears. It was a precious movie, and all three of the kids loved it! The only thing left to do once we got home was get ready for bed and read the book we've been working through: The Rescuers by Margery Sharp. They have really enjoyed it so far, and we hope to get close to finishing it before our time together is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment