Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July!

Last year for the fourth of July, Kellyn and I were going to a barbecue in Germany that was in honor of America! I even sang the National Anthem. This year was VERY different! :P

I managed to fly home on Saturday the 3rd, and met Bethany at the Chinese restaurant. My food was so amazingly delicious, you've got no idea!!! It was also a really special time to talk with my old boss. I miss her a lot! After lunch, Boo and I grabbed my stuff from home and headed to her house! The rest of the day went really quickly. We took a nice long walk, and I got to take a nap.

Sunday was a lovely day. I went to their church in the morning and it was quite refreshing. Then Bethany's in-laws arrived! Great fun was had by all! We played the board game "Acquire" and lots of pingpong. The four of us girls took a walk after watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". The sheer volume of food made us want to get active. The night was capped off with a splendid array of fireworks! Happy 4th of July!

Monday was a blast!! We went to the church picnic and then played soccer and softball. I unfortunately struck out, but that's alright! I was quite thrilled when I managed to save the soccer game by *accidentally* blocking a goal shot with my arm! It wasn't a penalty, because it wasn't on purpose. The distraction allowed my team to get in there and score the winning goal! Way to go team! After that, we went kayaking as a group of twelve. It was my first time kayaking, and I really enjoyed it!! The scariest part was having to dunk under electrical wire that was there to keep cattle inside property lines. Most of the lines were active, but it was still nerve-wracking.

Tuesday was a very long day. I got around 4 hours of sleep before heading off to the airport. I was blessed with really smooth flights back home. I did end up sleeping quite a bit throughout the day. It wasn't a very interesting day, but I did enjoy watching Losing it with Jillian and America's Got Talent.

I had to deal with the soreness of all my activities for a few days, but I'm right as rain now. :-)

That was MY fourth of July...what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment