Last November, I was able to join with other bloggers in writing every day about what we were thankful for. I hadn't thought about it until just now, and though I am getting a late start on it, I decided I would like to do it again this year, even though not everyone else is. Anyway, I feel an attitude of thankfulness is a very important thing that many in my generation has lost, and I don't want to fall into that, so I'm back to this being a blog of thanksgiving.
For my first day it is very easy. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity I had yesterday to meet Presidential candidate, Ron Paul. He is a man to be admired for sure. He knows what he believes in and sticks to it no matter what other people say. I was privileged to not only get a group photo and a handshake, but also an individual picture and an autographed book. Though he had little time to be with us, it was wonderful to hear him speak on the policies he would enforce as the President. And he spoke to us on the very basic principles of freedom that we have lost. It was a very encouraging speech, and I learned a lot from it. So, I'm very thankful not only that I was able to meet him, but that there is such a man running for the highest position in our nation, and I hope that you, my friends, will look into him and realize just how awesome he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment