Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

I wish I would be better about taking pictures, but my words will have to suffice. Thanksgiving was a wonderful day. I was able to sleep in for the first time in a long while and then talk with M as he drove home to be with his family. Once I got up and ready, I made my way over to M's aunt's house. As soon as I got there, I was able to play with M's cousin who is twelve. And to my surprise, found that I was actually enjoying that time spent with him without distraction. Helping out with lunch went very quickly, as most of it was already done, but I was able to learn some new things and try new things  that I really liked! We all came together to give thanks and share how God has blessed us over the past year. It is always a pleasure to hear and to see how God is moving, and to reflect on how He's changed my own life.  The meal was delicious, and the time spent was wonderful! Immediately after lunch, I went to play with the cousin again, who had put together and obstacle course for me! We were able to play together for a while and then I took a nap while he watched a movie. Shortly after that, I headed home after a great day with M's family. It was such a blessing to spend the day with people I already care so much about. It was a privilege to be counted among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment