Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving Month - An interesting (9th) day!

Today was very interesting indeed! I went to work at 11 while it was raining huge raindrops. Those raindrops turned into the biggest snowflakes I think I've ever seen. Everything at my job were going normally and it was a regular busyness. Then at about noon, the lights flickered off for a few seconds. The place was full and dead silent until the lights came back on. We went back to life as usual. Just a few minutes later the lights went out again for real. The place was still pretty full, and we had a couple orders still to make, but we worked that out. We used candles wherever they were necessary. Our customers just hung out and finished their meals like nothing had happened, when it actuality, nearly the entire city and many surrounding towns were experiencing the power outage. It was determined that the power may not be on for quite a while, so we proceeded to close down shop, and just when we were about finished, the power came on. At first it was excited, then it was disappointing (I wanted to go home and do homework =P), then it was just strange. The rest of the day really felt off. The best moment at work was when M surprised me by coming in and hanging out a bit. I love when he does that. Over all, it was a very odd, but good, day at work. God reminded me just how much I love my job, and that alone makes me very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment