Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Month - The day before Thanksgiving

Well, it's no use pretending I've kept up with this. Lately I'm been super tired and busy and it just hasn't been the first thing on my mind. Despite the fact that I haven't posted every day, I do have several things I'm very grateful for...


"Count it all Joy"
 This is the book I'm reading right now, and I am incredibly thankful for it. It is written by my sister's midwife and it is about different birth stories and how she has continued to learn more about God throughout her journey as a midwife. It is a truly inspiring book and I have learned so much.

Friends
I've been so blessed with friends this last week who have been an encouragement. I've had a lot on my mind, and have had to make some bigger (and exciting decisions), and they were always there for me. I've been so blessed with my church family up here because they really are a family to me.

 Decisions
I've made several decisions this week. One big decision is still in the process of being confirmed, so I'll wait on that. I did decide that I will take the next semester off of school and perhaps take classes during the summer. I decided to devote more time to volunteering at the nursing home once school is over. And I decided that I should get a second job as well...which leads me to...

Mary Kay
I just made this decision tonight, and so I personally am still processing this, but I'm super excited! I am now a Mary Kay Consultant! I learned about the opportunity a few months ago but determined it wasn't the right time, but that I was interested in the idea. I let the idea sit on the back burner until my consultant (and friend) brought it up to me again just last week. It was just the perfect timing for me to get excited about it. I'm very excited to get started, though a bit nervous. God is good. He will help me do my best.

Thanksgiving
I was anticipating this being another holiday spent alone, and I did not like that idea. I am way too much a people person and can easily get depressed if I don't see people for a while. Then as I was working, I had a brilliant  thought: I asked M's aunt if I could have Thanksgiving with her family! She very willingly said I could, and I'm just so excited about that. Not only will I spend Thanksgiving with people, but people I love to be around. What a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Branch of the Emery clanNovember 24, 2011 at 6:04 PM

    We are very thankful that you were here to share the day with us we love you Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Branch of the Emery Clan too! :D It's such a blessing to say I have extra "family" up here. Thanks for sharing the day with me.

    ReplyDelete