Sunday, October 16, 2011

Calming the Storm

I truly believe one of God's preferred ways to speak to me is through music. Music has always been incredibly important to me, and for as long as I can remember, it has had a huge influence on my mood. Whenever I'm feeling upset, frustrated, scared (this is a big one), or very alone, I know I can just start singing praises to my King, and I'll start feeling better.

Lately I've had a lot going on, and have really felt weighed down. Music could help a little, but not much. I am so thankful for all the friends who have been praying for me; knowing I had your support helped a lot.

If you were to ask me two days ago how life was going, I probably would have answered "alright, but pretty stressful". If I looked at all the major components of my life, I felt they were all too stressful for me to handle. If you were to ask me the same question today, I would say "Great!", though most of my circumstances are the same as two days ago. God just has this way of making me see things from a different perspective. I don't feel weighed down right now.

One song that has meant a lot to me in the past and right now is "Sometimes He Calms the Storm" by Scott Krippayne. My favorite part of it is when Krippayne says, "sometimes He calms the storm, but other times He calms His child." I feel like that is me right now. In fact, some of my stressful things from two days ago are even worse today, but yet I feel so blessed and refreshed. 

I don't know how each of these things will work out, but I know God has a plan. I also understand that I will continue to go through the storms of life, and sometimes it will feel like I have lost, but God will never let me go, and He'll pick me up out of the pit of despair. He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment