Monday, October 10, 2011

Failure is NOT an option: Part Two

So, I wrote this post before, and thought I would do a follow up post. I have continued facing many fears and overcoming them. As I previously mentioned, this is a huge deal in my life, and I'm so blessed to be growing in it.

I have jumped off many swings now, and am getting more comfortable with it.

I went on a rock climbing weekend which ended up being an extremely fun trip.

I now ride my bike to work nearly every day and sincerely enjoy it.

I've begun cooking for a wider range of people, and succeeding!

I have continued to grow into my own and am beginning to realize when I really am being a bother, and when I just think I am.

I have been playing piano for church almost every week, and have been very blessed by it.

I was majorly nervous about starting school again, but am pleased to say it's going well so far.

I know there are more that I'm just not thinking of, but suffice it to say, I am growing and learning. I have many fears, and slowly but surely, I intend to overcome them. I'm incredibly thankful to everyone who has been instrumental in helping me overcome my fears. I couldn't do it without you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Truth be known, failure IS an option. But even in failure we grow because we learn from the experience of trying.

    I've failed at numerous things...for instance, my bowling never rose above "abysmal". :-)

    We fail everyday...especially spiritually, and we sin daily. Yet we rest in His grace knowing that His righteousness is ours...we simply cannot manufacture our own. When we stand before the Father we will stand covered in Christ's righteousness.

    Thankfully, none of our "failures" make us a "failure". I guess we could say..."even when we failed, Christ died for us". Thanks be to God.

    It's exciting to hear you are back in school again! And that you've turned 21! Belated Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I definitely agree with you, failure IS an option, but I feel my attitude of failure can no longer be an option. As you rightly said, "thankfully, none of our 'failures' make us a 'failure.'"

    For many years I would have termed myself as a failure, even though I wasn't truly failing in that many things. It's only been in the last year that I've realized that I am not a failure, and when I do happen to fail or not measure up to someone else, that is something to learn from and not beat myself up over. :)

    ReplyDelete