Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I've realized how nice it is to have this scheduled post each week! Without it, I might go weeks without posting anything purely because I feel like I don't have anything interesting to say! I've also noticed what a positive difference it has made in my life. Now instead of Thursdays being my 'wallow in self pity" day, I am constantly thinking throughout the day about what my post will look like. It is impossible to be in a bad mood when you're thinking about your blessings!

Here's what I came up with today:

My weekend with my whole family was spectacular! It was so much fun to spend time with everyone again, and seeing my grandma get married was an experience I'll never forget. Singing with my sisters again was truly a highlight. That was something I missed dearly while I was in Germany. No one can take the place of sisters.

Though things didn't go as planned, I am thankful for travel mercies and for friends who have flexible schedules.

Having Monday off from work was a blessing to be sure. It enabled me to get caught up in my classes, including all the reading for my psychology class since I just received the textbook on Sunday.

Salsa on Monday was fabulous as usual. It is so nice to know that I really am improving. Dancing is so much fun, and such great exercise. I don't know how I lived without it! :D It is also a great way to make new friends.

Tuesday was used for another day of studying, and ended up being quite productive.

Dancing at the Avalon (Swing night) was seriously amazing! Again, I know I have improved, and that makes everything more fun. I had a few rough dances where I wasn't following very well, but my leads are always very patient and forgiving. It was also a nice time for hanging out with friends.

I'm thankful for FRIENDS!! =D

Work yesterday was somewhat slow, but still good. I learned some new things by mistake, and was dealt with very gently. I cannot express my gratitude enough for the amazing job that God has provided for me. As I said last week, He knew what I needed and brought me to it. I love how His plan has unfolded before me.

I am especially grateful for the amazing conversations that I've had with EH, CH, and KW. I love you all dearly and would be lost without you guys!

A huge note of praise is that the mole on my elbow is benign according to the biopsy results. This means that it doesn't have to be removed (yay!) and that I just need to continue keeping an eye on it. It is an amazing relief to know that everything is alright.

I'm also thankful for really powerful teaching from my pastor that I've been able to put into practice this week and been able to see a difference. That is encouraging stuff! =D

I would recommend that each of you set aside a day to be thankful each week. It's not something you have to share in a blog, or with anyone for that matter, but I can tell you that it has changed my perception incredibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment