1. The earth is the LORD's and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.
This world belongs to God. It is His, His, His. Everything we see is HIS!
2. For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the waters.
It is His, because He made it! He was all there was before the beginning, and He created this amazing earth.
3. Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place?
Throughout my life, I've always been able to think of questions that I'd like to ask God when I get to heaven, but then I realized that I won't even be able to speak a word in my own defense at His judgment throne, much less be asking irrelevant questions! I think that we all will be knocked to the floor in complete awe of who He is, and how holy He is.
4. He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol.
Have you known anyone who has clean hands and a pure heart? I certainly don't. And since that's the only one who can stand in God's holy place, well, we haven't got a shot.
5. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6. This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face.
The one who can stand in the holy place of God will receive blessing and righteousness from God.
7. Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty. The LORD mighty in battle.
Never has a human been able to go to the gates of heaven and demand that they open. We have no authority over such things! There was never a human, that is, until the KING of GLORY, our own Savior, JESUS CHRIST, came up to those gates. Christ, being human and God completely, paid the price for sins and the cross and rose from the grave thanks to the divine power of our God. He rose in victory over death and sin. HE is strong and mighty. HE was and is mighty in battle.
9. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. 10. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory.
I have chills every time I read this Psalm. Our Lord, Jesus Christ has the unbounded power to command the gates of Heaven to open up to Him. He, in His mercy and kindness has given us the same power through Him. He has imputed His righteousness on us, that we might be seen as justified. God has declared us righteous! I cannot even fathom what that truly means.
Oh, Lord, You are more than I could ever deserve. You are holy, and mighty, and GOOD, and kind. Lord, You are KING. Thank You!
No comments:
Post a Comment