Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Josie's

On Wednesdays, I work from 6:45am-2:00pm, so this morning I woke up at 5:45am to get ready. It was really tough to get up after such a short night of sleep. Especially considering how ill I felt last night after dance, but I survived. Work was stressful the instant I arrived as I noticed a to-do list from my boss to add to my normal routine.
The biggest problem was definitely the buckwheat pancakes! I checked to make sure we had some batter, and when I couldn't see the normal container, I decided to make it for the first time! Suffice it to say, it was stressful trying to find everything in the main kitchen. The main kitchen is not my territory, except the dish sink, and that being the case, I have no idea where everything is! I managed to get the batter finished before it was needed, which was a great relief. It ended up that there was some batter already made, just in a different bucket than normal!
After that stressful moment, everything got a lot better! Today was very busy over the lunch hour. I think that was the busiest I have ever managed on my own out front. It would be natural for me to get all stressed and rushed when there is a line of people waiting. Thankfully, I was able to remain calm and pleasant to everyone, even when I was accused of charging too much. I can't think of a single mistake that I made, and that truly is a first! I have never felt so good about a shift. I made nearly $15 in tips, which might not seem like much, but part of the was split between three of us!
I think the best part of my day was when my co-worker specifically said that I did a really good job handling the whole line of people. It's not often that they consider it to be a busy day, and to hear them admit to that, and be appreciative of the work I've done; well, it's just really encouraging.
Next week is my two month anniversary and my boss has set up a time to discuss the past two months. I'm a little nervous to see what she says, but I don't think they will fire me by any means. It will be interesting to see what is brought up. Hopefully it will remain positive, since I'll still have half a shift to work that day!
Though my shift was good, it was also really tiring. I didn't take a break until 1:45, when I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. So, once I got home, it was too much of a stretch to feel myself falling asleep. I ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap, and boy, did I need it! The rest of the night has been spent baking with my sister and talking with a good friend.

Tomorrow is potentially a big day for me! I have my appointment with audiology/ENT in order to discern what is causing my frequent dizziness. I can't deny a certain nervousness about what they will tell me, but hopefully it will be a simple fix. I really want to be normal! Besides, I can't dance lindy-hop when I am dizzy, and my birthday dance is a lindy!! So, this must change, and quickly. I need to practice lindy before my birthday, that way it will be good enough to show you guys! :D Here's to hoping! Your prayers for tomorrow are definitely appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment