Saturday, August 7, 2010

Diagnosis

I feel as if I have had several medical issues over the past, and very few of them have been explained. The most frequent problem over the years have been headaches. I feel like I've had a headache for five years straight, to varying degrees of course.
In many ways, I have simply gotten used to it, but lately it has gotten to a point where it is disrupting my life to such a level that I cannot manage it anymore. I cannot do what I want because of the pain it causes me, and I am tired of it.
I had an appointment with audiology and an ear/nose/throat specialist, which I already told you about. As mentioned previously, the good news is that my ears are in excellent health. The bad news is that this means I don't know why I get dizzy when I dance.
My next stop was to see a chiropractor. My appointment was extremely interesting! He did a series of assessment tests and I was happy to learn that I had truly understood where my bones had issues. He said that many people come not understanding what is wrong, but I knew. =D His way of adjusting my back was quite new to me, but I believe it worked well. Unfortunately, there were two adjustments that ended up being quite painful. It was necessary, but not fun for me. He was quite kind to me throughout it.
I was excited this morning to notice a difference in my back and the looseness of my neck, but unfortunately, the headache remained. It was a disappointment to be sure.
I now have two more options that I have considered. One, it is something to do with my jaw, and could be helped by going to the dentist, or two, there is simply something wrong with my brain. I am in the process of getting scheduled for an appointment with a neurologist, but that could take some time. So, in the meantime, I am going to do my best to see a dentist.
The real test will be tomorrow, when I go salsa dancing. Here's to hoping against hope that my dizziness has gone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment