Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

My whole life, I have judged myself as being hard of hearing because of an accident I sustained as a baby. Lately, I have blamed my ears for the dizziness I feel, and the sensitivity to loud noises. I've really given my ears a hard time of it. Never once have I turned to something else to blame, always my poor little ears. Well, today they have been justified! I had my appointment with an audiologist and an ear/nose/throat and they both not only gave my ears a clean bill of health, but actually praised how well they are working! Needless to say, it was quite the shock to me, to realize what I've always thought was true, really wasn't. It's an odd feeling. This is the thing I am most thankful for today. My childhood accident could have been the death of me, and God, in His loving mercy, not only protected me from death, but He also managed to fix the one thing that I always felt would be different. It's nice to know that when it comes to ears, I really am...normal. 

This week has been somewhat of an emotional week. Despite it all, I have so many things I can thank God for.

Thankful Thing of the Week!
My sister had her baby!! They are both doing very well, and are safely at home.

My niece arrived on Sunday night, which made a wonderful day for me, even better!  I was able to spend my time with good friends and really enjoyed their company.

Swing dancing at the Avalon started back up on Tuesday, and that was a blast! I even managed to dance one song really well (in my opinion) before the dizziness set in.

As I mentioned in my last post, my Wednesday at work was really good, in the long run!

I had a great time baking with my sister.

I got to enjoy a new book.

I got to sleep in a little.

I had my doctor's appointment that went well.

I got to go salsa dancing.

And the weather has been fabulous!

And I have officially made it to fifty blog posts!

I am so excited to see what happens in this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment