It turned out to be one of the steadiest Saturdays shifts I've had, and I knew that they had even more to do than usual. I asked my boss if I could be off the clock but still stay to help out. She very willingly accepted my help and said that she would pay me for it. If you could have seen me, I think you would have seen a dramatic change in my attitude in just those few minutes. During my actual shift, I didn't feel like I was serving my boss at all: but, God gave me the opportunity to serve my boss in a time where I had the right to leave if I wanted to. I truly felt like I was serving her then, and that made all the difference.
I believe that God has giving me the gift of service. I don't think I can be much happier than when I am helping someone when I don't need to be. If I am helping because I have to be, I can sometimes serve with a wrong attitude; but God is gracious and gives me opportunities to serve with the right attitude.
I don't know if I can explain exactly what I mean, but I'm going to try here. In Psalm 37:4 it says:
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
So, I think that God gives us different gifts. The more we delight in Him, the more the desire of our heart is to serve Him, and using our gifts is our best way of serving Him. So, He gives us the opportunities to serve Him using our spiritual gifts. This should make us very happy, right? Yup! I hadn't really thought about it before yesterday, but that is what I think right now. And this makes me want to go out and FIND ways to use the spiritual gifts God has given me! What greater gift could I give to God than to live my life for Him?
So, on my own, I had a very Stressful Saturday.
By God's grace, I had a very Satisfied Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment