Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday - The Condensed Edition

I have been so incredibly blessed, it is hard to know where to begin. I feel like I should do a few posts highlighting these great experiences, but I also don't want to bore you...hmm, we'll just see I guess. I'll do my best to condense my long stories into short stories so I don't lose you by the end. :D

I would say the biggest blessing last week was the opportunity to be convicted of a wrong that needed to be made right and actually obeying! I won't go into details here, but I will say that it was a huge blessing to see how God was working through the situation in His perfect timing. It was something I could never have planned on my own. I am so thankful for this experience.

This is slightly strange, considering how frequently I've been discussing music on here lately, but I'm thankful for the lack of music. For years, I have fallen asleep to music, and I would always say it helped me to sleep better. Well, because of a computer issue a few weeks ago, I had to fall asleep without any music, and I've come to find that I actually really like silence sometimes. It's even gone so far that I don't turn on the radio at work at all. Crazy, huh? I still LOVE music, but it is good not to be dependent on it.

A huge thing from this week was beginning to volunteer at a nearby nursing home! I went in for orientation on Tuesday and then went straight to work. I was there on Tuesday for 5 hours, and I really feel I learned a lot. I will say that it is not easy emotionally, but it'll be an excellent experience for me. One of the hardest things is being reminded of my grandpa, but I can remember the care we gave him in our home and be happy. Anyway, I'm really excited about continuing to volunteer in the upcoming weeks. I truly feel that this is where God wants me, and He's going to teach me a lot about life and about myself.

Other Thankful tidbits:
~ Dancing again! It's been a while since I've really been dancing, so it was great to get back into this week.
~ Work has been really great.
~ I've been able to play piano at a local church that has a wonderful grand piano.
~ I've gone shopping twice with a friend.
~ Hearing how God has been working in the lives of friends.
~ Meeting some wonderful new people.
~ Learning how to make something new.
~ A new computer power cord!
~ Wonderful friends and family who continue to remind me of my blessings.
~ A truly uplifting day yesterday where I heard no negative thoughts and was reminded of the positives.

I feel like my list could just continue to go on and on, so I'm going to stop now and just keep praising my Lord for His beauty in my life.

1 comment: