As I was sitting in the airport baggage claim, waiting for my sister to arrive, I took the opportunity to look over some of my old pictures that I haven't seen in ages. As I continued viewing them, this ever increasing nostalgic feeling came over me. I thought about that for a while and somewhat wondered why I felt that way. I wouldn't change my life right now for anything. I'm probably the happiest I have ever been, and yet I long for those memories. I wish it would be possible to simply relive some of those days. Not to change anything, but to feel the emotions I felt and to see what my life was like at those points.
I wish I could go back on our Canadian cruise. Oh my goodness, that was a fun trip! We learned so much history, and we made some really great friends. So many laughs, and so many good times.
Or if I could go back to Bavaria in Germany and relive the wonderful time I had with my German hosts, and honestly, the wonderful time I had without them as I went exploring by myself for the first time in Europe. I grew a lot in that adventure.
Of course, I can't forget my wonderful Continental tour! I am so blessed to have gone on that tour. I would say it was pretty instrumental in building my personality because it forced me to open up and it was then that I figured out that despite my misgivings, I truly was an extravert at heart.
I wish I could go take a walk back in my little town in Germany. To eat doener again would be even more amazing! To feel the whip of the wind in Cuxhaven and go through that sudden downpour again. I loved that moment with my charge. He was beginning to be frustrating that I said we needed to go inside, but then once the rain hit, he gladly asked for and appreciated my help in getting his kite down..running back to the hotel was cold, wet, windy, and sandy, but one of the happiest moments on that trip. Once we got inside, we just died laughing. It was really great.
Even going back to some more recent memories, like Thanksgiving with my family, or our reunion in January. Seeing my niece just one week after her birth. Man, time just flies by.
At the same time that I wish I could go back and do these things all over again, I know that now it would be different, because I am different. Each one of these experiences have played a part in defining who I am as a person. So many life changing things happened in the realm of all these memories, it would be impossible to share them all. I am extraordinarily thankful for my life, and the wondrous way Christ has worked in me and through me in so many situations. He is the most important thing to ever happen to me. This was a bit different for my Thankful Thursday, but I think it is also fitting. Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane with me!
At the same time that I wish I could go back and do these things all over again, I know that now it would be different, because I am different. Each one of these experiences have played a part in defining who I am as a person. So many life changing things happened in the realm of all these memories, it would be impossible to share them all. I am extraordinarily thankful for my life, and the wondrous way Christ has worked in me and through me in so many situations. He is the most important thing to ever happen to me. This was a bit different for my Thankful Thursday, but I think it is also fitting. Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane with me!


No comments:
Post a Comment