Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Voice of God

I mentioned in my last post about an experience I had of righting a wrong, and how important it was to me. One of the biggest aspects of that experience was realizing how I'd heard God's voice. It was different than I expected...because it sounded like, well..me. They were my own thoughts, in my own voice, but with the power of the Holy Spirit behind them. I don't know if it's something I can truly explain. It was so exciting to know that I recognized the Spirit of the Lord in my own thoughts, and then proceeded to act upon them. One of the coolest parts of it was seeing exactly how God was using the situation for His glory. I know that God calls us to do things, and a lot of times we don't know the reason or purpose for it, but I'm so thankful for this opportunity to see the end result. I know that God is going to continue growing this trait in me, and I'm nervous, but I also know that as He has been faithful til now, He will continue to be. I'm excited to see what else He is going to teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment