I've been waiting to post until I could figure out some bug my blog had, but here I am at long last. I've just been impressed recently with a desire to make a difference in someone's life. To see a need and to meet it; to help when help is needed. I've continued volunteering at the nursing home, but sadly, in some instances, I've found myself not really enjoying myself anymore, and I'm not sure why.
One issue I had was being assigned a different task than I was expecting. You should know by now that I don't deal well with change. I like my plan and sticking to it. Anyway, I think that issue has been resolved now which is good.
I was there yesterday and was able to chat with one of my first friends there, and it was just sad. He doesn't want to be there; he wants to be at home. I think this nursing home is an excellent establishment, but I can't blame him for wanting to live with family. I think I've made at least a little difference in his life. I try to be a positive and balancing presence for him. What he really needs is his family.
I have one request of you all: if you have family or friends residing in a nursing home, please go visit them. They may be older or disabled, or what have you, but they are still people who need people. They still need to know they are loved or else they just might live out the rest of their days in misery, and I don't want that to happen.
There are so many ways each of us can make a difference in someone else's life, why don't we make an effort to do it more? Why don't we become a people known for our kindheartedness, our patience, our generousity; why don't we become a nation worth emulating ?
No comments:
Post a Comment