Work has been absolute madness lately!! Seriously, I've worked quite a bit more than usual. I'll usually eat for at least 10-15 minutes for each shift, but lately I've only had about 5 minutes. There's just so much to do! And on top of that, I usually have enough time to sit while frosting cookies, but it's been so busy that I can only frost a cookie or two at a time before having to help someone else. Despite the pressure all the standing has put on my back and neck, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not as tired now as I was the beginning of last week, so hopefully I'm getting used to it a bit.
I'm surprised that I had to deal with this last summer immediately after being hired. How did I do it? One of the really great things about the current madness is that I've definitely seen how I've grown a lot in my job, and how I handle things much differently now. I don't take things as personally as I did before. And I've learned how to play around and not be serious all the time.
One of the funniest things to happen this week was receiving my very first offer of marriage! My shop barters with the bar next door, we give them cream, they give us ice. So every morning I work, I have to go get a cooler of ice for the day. On Wednesday, I did this as normal, but as I went in, there was a guy standing around have some sort of drink, and he very suddenly began singing a song about me! It went something along the lines of "I'm wearing a black shirt (it's true, I was) , and i have shiny glasses, and I'm wearing an apron (also true), and I'm stealing the ice" then he looked at me and asked if I was stealing the ice, to which I of course said 'no'. Then he began a conversation with me...
Him : Are you from a business?
Me: Yes
Him: Well, you better not tell me where it is unless you want me to come visit you.
Me: Don't worry, my lips are sealed.
Then I don't remember what he said, but he was kinda chatting with me and with his friend at the same time. I was just trying to get out of there before I burst out laughing! But on my way out..
Him: Will you marry me?!?
Me: Nope!
And then I walked out. It was sooo funny. I seriously laughed so hard once I got back to work!
That was probably the funniest thing to happen at work this week. Other than that, I've had lots of new customers, which is always interesting and good. And I've had a chance to get to know my regulars even better! Plus, it's been a great time of encouragement from my bosses. So yay! I love my job. It makes me happy. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment