Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I wish I could be a Psalmist.. My heart is lifted up by the greatness of my Lord and yet I have no good way to express it. Sometimes as I'm thinking about Him I just get little flashes of sentences or songs. They randomly pop into my head and are quickly replaced by another. The one bit that is staying in my head right now is from Psalm 23; "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life" That is the only phrase that I connect to this past week. Goodness and mercy have continually been evident in my week, thanks to the wonderful grace of Jesus (did anyone just think of the hymn? anyone..anyone?). It is impossible to share all the wonderful things God has given me over the past week, but I'll highlight some of them for you, as usual.

I'm so thankful to have a sister living nearby. It is such a blessing to have someone who knows me so well to bounce different ideas off of, and just hang out. Ahh, thanks for coming over kid. I really enjoyed it. :)

I have been very blessed to work more the past two weeks and next week as well! It is always nice to have something to keep me occupied and it's productive! Woot! Plus, it's been awesomely busy!

I was completely blessed by my customers today, including an old/new friend!  Listening to other people with an open mind and a desire to learn can always benefit me, though perhaps not in the way my 'teacher' wants. :P I was able to have a discussion about religion and it definitely benefited me, despite the fact that I don't agree with him at all. Oh well. :P

Teaching German has been brilliantly fun! I love my students dearly and truly appreciate how they have helped me to grow as a teacher and polish up my German skills. I have remembered so many German words just from teaching them, which I think is completely awesome!

My Lord has been so gracious to me by giving me a clear picture of how He's been working in me, and how big of a difference it's making. It's honestly amazing to look at myself and see something different than what I knew before.  Another song that has been stuck in my head is:
Lord, You are more precious than silver
Lord, You are more costly than gold
Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds
And nothing I desire compares to You.
It's really great to remember how worthy our Lord is of our trust, adoration, and worship. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment