Monday, March 14, 2011

Goals

I've been thinking about goals on a variety of levels lately. The most recent being about all the goals I had at the beginning of the year of what I wanted to do with my time not being in school. Sadly, I haven't accomplished many of them, but now that I recognize that, I can fix it..right?...right.

The biggest thing I have accomplished is my third piano composition! None of them are very long, and none of them are masterpieces, but they make me happy. That's all that matters, right?

I also have made slight headway in typing my great grandfather's autobiography into my computer.

I have been cooking more meals, and I now have an adorable apron to keep me clean while cooking. Yay!

I also have been working on my German as a result of my now teaching it to kids.

So, things I would like to work on more intensely or just begin to work on are :
~ Finish the autobiography...I should be able to finish it this semester if I work hard on it.
~ Begin my Germany scrapbook in hopes that it could be done by my 1 year anniversary of coming back to the states.
~ Learn violin..I still would like to do this, but am nervous to.
~ Continue improving on my cooking and German skills.


The other thing about goals that has been coming up lately are my long term goals/plans. And the thing about that is that I really have no set plans/goals for my life down the road. This seems to be perceived as a negative thing more often than not in our culture. I get a little frustrated sometimes, trying to answer these common questions. I think what it comes down to is this: God has given me many talents and passions that He could work into prominent position in my life, but that's not happening yet, so while I wait, I'm striving to continue following after Christ and continue to seek His will on a day to day basis. One song that has been on my mind particularly lately is
"One Pure and Holy Passion" and it says:

Give my one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition in my life
To know and follow hard after you

To know and follow hard after You
To grow as Your disciple in Your truth
This world is empty, pale and poor
Compared to knowing You my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after You.

It's truly beautiful, and it was just a blessing for sure. That song is what I want, I want to live like that.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, I have found that sometimes our goals morph into other goals AS WE'RE WORKING ON THEM. Do you notice that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree Josie. And God can use a former passion of ours to bring us into a new passion. He's really great at that. :)

    ReplyDelete