Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I wasn't able to post this last week, so I'll just add those thankful bits in too. =)

I'm thankful for music! Music can drastically change my mood. If I'm feeling upset or frustrated, scared, sad, or bored, all I have to do is sing and I will start to feel better. It's a blessing to have thousands of songs that give glory to God just stocked away in my memory. Sometimes God will bring a certain song to mind, even if I haven't heard it in years! The music at church this last Sunday was especially wonderful.

I'm thankful for the ability to compose, though it might not be amazing work (I'm no Beethoven). It truly has blessed me to be writing my own music, and letting my hands express the melody within myself.

I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to travel to the City to go swing dancing! It was my first time there, and it was so much fun! It was really great being able to see how different guys lead and dance. It was also a nice chance to get to know some people from my own club.

I have many many things from these two weeks to be thankful for, but I'll just share one more bit from work yesterday. Years ago I was in a very confusing, hurtful situation, and the issues that came with that situation were never truly solved until I learned how to forgive those involved, and then it was mostly like 'forgive and forget'. I didn't think on that experience anymore...that is..until yesterday. For some reason, the main character in it kept coming to mind. When people randomly come to mind, I generally try to pray for them right away, 'cuz I figure they came to mind for a reason. I didn't want to pray for this person, because whenever I had before, it had only brought more pain. I remembered that I'd chosen to forgive them, and therefore, it would be ok to pray. Honestly, even though I thought that way, it truly was a shock when it proved to be the case. I don't I've ever been able to think/pray for that situation without feeling bitterness and anger, until yesterday. My goodness, it was such a blessing! I don't know why she came to mind, but I'm so glad she did, because it gave me the chance to truly see how God has been working in me, and that there is a definite difference. I couldn't be more thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment