Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sea Air - 11 Days Left!

I went to Cuxhaven last week and I think the sea air did something to me. :P
For some reason, I have been able to leave my computer behind for the majority of a day, take a different bus, go to small group in a different location, EAT FISH, be willing to ride a bike, though it ended up being too small, and I was able to have fun with one of the boys! Now, all of that may seem really trivial, but honestly, they were big steps for me.

My computer - my constant companion under the pretense of my only connection with my family. I really don't talk to my family that much anyway, so it's just an addiction, and I know it.
"You shall have no other gods before Me"

Both the different bus and location - my fear of doing new things. I like having a plan, and sticking to it. I feel really pressured when things are different, and it makes me very nervous.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart"

Eating fish - oh boy, this one has been a barrier for a long time. I have never appreciated the 'art' of fish eating, but I decided last night that I was just going to do it, and it ended up being really good!
(Anyone got a good verse for that?)

Riding bikes - I'm a fearful person as a whole, and bikes have almost always been on the list of "NEVER". But, I actually want to try riding a bike again and I plan on doing it for sure once I am back in the States.
"When I am afraid, I will trust in You."

Having fun - this has been more difficult of late because attitudes have gotten worse. And I don't mean that only on the boys' side. My attitude has gotten worse too.
"Do everything without complaining or arguing."

I know that the sea air is really not the cause of this, because God is the only One that can change a stubborn heart like mine. He has taught me so much over this year in Germany. I hope I never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment