Monday, April 19, 2010

Döner!

There was never a doubt in my mind that I would do a döner post at some point. I figure, why not now?

Döner is the most wonderful food ever invented. So delicious!!

It is of Turkish origin. And it is the most popular fast food in Germany today.

First you have your flat bread (or a pita), then you add thinly sliced, crunchy lamb meat. That is important.

Then you have the sauce. Here is a recipe I found online. Have not tried it myself though.

For tsatsiki sauce
  • 1/2 seedless cucumber (usually plastic-wrapped), peeled, seeded, and chopped (1 cup)
  • 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint

3 comments:

  1. this is SOOOO cool. Döner. and the fact that you´ve started a blog?! awesomeness. oooh, sissylein... come home sooooon. miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My third follower! I really like blogging so far! I can't wait to see you kid, but I'm going to make sure I enjoy my last bit of time here. I'm sure I'll have plenty of adventures to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post has me smiling :) you are very entertaining, my fun friend! love the pics and your silly comments. i am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete